Straight Ink, No pencil Gi drawing challenge

A few years ago I saw a bunch of artist trying a drawing challenge. It is based off of an artist named Kim Jung Gi who draws extremely detailed and realistic images with only ink. No pencil, no sketch and straight from memory and imagination!

So, I decided to give it a go.

The image you see below is my attempt at straight ink drawing. I also wanted to test my imagination and memory by drawing everything you see from memory. Of course, most of the drawing is fantasy but this was a great challenge for proportion, perspective, background, and anatomy.
 
 
It was a great way to get out of my comfort zone and test my confidence as an artist. I would highly recommend this challenge for intermediate and advance artist!

I will be honest, it was very scary at first. But if you stay focused on what you are creating and have a general idea of what you want to draw then you will have more fun!

You can start off simple by drawing one object or creature with ink and then work towards something complex. Or you can jump into the deep end and just know that it is just a drawing. If you mess up, start again with a new blank space!

If you would like to see a full video about the process and watch me draw in this Youtube Video.

Have fun and always challenge yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skelies

Tiger Telegraph